Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Carving Pumpkins

Yesterday afternoon my sister Emily called and asked if we wanted to come over and carve pumpkins. We said yes, but what she forgot is that we seem to run on a totally different time-table than everybody else. We didn't make it over there until 7 p.m., about the time Tanner was supposed to be in bed. Little does she know we had conspired with Tanner to let him stay up later with the rest of us. Anyway, we showed up with pumpkin and Clark in hand, ready to carve away. Funny thing, it was the first time for not only Clark, but for my wife as well. First, it was my turn. I had just bought the thing that afternoon, but it was already time for its lobotomy.


Once the hard part was done, my wife "dug in".


She wasn't sure what to think of the insides of the pumpkin, but like the trooper she's been lately she dug right in. I was so proud of her.

Now it was my turn again. I had originally wanted to carve a Darth Vader pumpkin, but seeing as this was my first attempt at something more than a regular slap happy jack-o-lantern, I went with the Frankenstein face. I was pleased with how it turned out.


We can't forget about the other participants that night.


Tanner was having a blast getting his hands dirty too. What we forgot to explain to him is that you don't eat what you pull out. Oh well, he seemed to enjoy it.

That was when Emily asked if she could dress our pumpkin as a pumpkin. Sound redundant? Not so fast.

I don't think he liked it, but it made Aunt Emily happy, and that's important.
All in all we had a blast. Thanks Aunt Emily for having us over!

3 comments:

  1. Well done! I loved Pumpkin Clark! And tell Julieta she doesn't look like she was ever pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It made Aunt Emily happy and Clark happy. He wanted to be a pumpkin. He- unlike his lame Dad- loves the holidays and wants to dress up for each one. I'm here for you buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joseph I agree w/ Lynnette when she said Julieta never looked like she was pregnant! She looks amazing! Oh... sorry but I'm w/ Auntie Em on this one- gotta dress up for the holidays :) He sure made a sweet little pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete