Friday, January 21, 2011

Hair cut

So after looking like a punk rocker with a mohawk or a Japanese cartoon character with his hair standing up in all directions, we finally gave Clark a haircut tonight. It's not that he hasn't needed one for a while, just that I couldn't bring myself to do it. But eventually it got to where even some of my aunts were making fun of him, so we cut it. Aunt Emily offered to, and being the good and protective father that I am I made her cut Tanners hair first. Turned out she does a great job so we went ahead and did

it. I'm not usually the sentimental type, but I did keep the first lock that we cut off. For those of you that knew him as a newborn, you'll remember how much hair he had. Unfortunately, now at four months, the affects of baby balding left him looking, well, like my description of him at the beginning of this post. He had lost most of his hair around the sides of his head, leaving just a strip across the top and the slightest hint of a mullet/pony tail at the bottom. Needless to say we got him all trimmed up and if I didn't before, I now have the cutest little boy I have ever seen. He's so stinkin cute!!

Anyway, I'm trying to think of what else has gone on since our last post.

Aunt Sarah got engaged over the Christmas break, on new years eve to be exact. ( see www.sarahdrake.blogspot.com ) It was Clarks job to keep her distracted all day so that she hopefully wouldn't catch on to things. He kept her distracted with his smiles and giggles, and occasionally throwing up on her. Good job Clark. Julieta and I ran to Springfield to pick up Johnny so that he could work some magic on her. When we got home Johnny hid in the basement while the rest of us went into the family room to open up the last of the presents (from when Emily, Chris and Tanner were in Oregon) and then dad sent Sarah to the basement to get a "present" he had there for "mom". From there the rest is history.

Well, I guess that's about it for this post. Stay tuned for Clark's international adventures!

2 comments:

  1. He looks so much better! Such a handsome guy! Love that boy

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont know why im just now seeing this, but i love it! your baby is so dang cute. now you need to post about his new teeth!

    ReplyDelete